Everything you need to know about me, probably too much, really.
- Name: Duane Carson Moody. It was going to be Zane Duane. Thanks Mom!
- Age: 38
- Height: 6’1″.
- Hair: Auburn. That sounds so much nicer than dirty blonde.
- Eyes: Hazel. Which equates to being barely able to see in the sun.
- Birth Date: August 26, 1978. Only 26 days later than I was expected.
- What’s your Zodiac sign?: Virgo, thanks for asking.
- Profession: My career started out after grad school working for the CDC doing public health research. Feeling unfulfilled by my career path, I decided to go back to school for nursing, and now I am an RN in the ICU. I am currently pursuing my master’s in nursing, in order to be a family nurse practitioner.
- Where do you live?: Well, I live in Atlanta. Specifically East Atlanta, in a cute house with my husband, James.
- What is your phone number?: Wow, you are really forward. No, seriously. I’m not putting that on the internet; well, at least not here.
- The car I currently own/drive: 2016 Acura ILX.
- Instruments: When I was a kid, I played clarinet (I played for 6 years), and in high school I thought I could learn the guitar, which I was only mildly successful at accomplishing.
- Countries I have traveled to: England (twice), France, Germany, Mexico, the Netherlands (the Amsterdam airport, full of fun and excitement) and of course, the USA, where I live. I clearly need to travel more.
- Undergraduate University: East Carolina University. I received a BA in anthropology.
- Graduate University: Georgia State University. I received a MA in applied medical anthropology and a graduate certificate in public health.
- Undergraduate University, second time around: Georgia Perimeter College. While I was there, I swore I wouldn’t tell anyone I went there, because of how much I hated that place, but the nursing program is so damn hard, that I wear it like a badge, whether I like it or not. I scratched, burned, bled, and cried my way to an ADN in nursing, which led to me being a Registered Nurse shortly afterwards.
- Graduate University, second time around: Walden University. Currently seeking my master’s in nursing, in order to become a family nurse practitioner.
- Favorite Color(s): Orange and gray. I’ve always loved orange since I was a kid, and I naturally gravitate towards all things orange. This means I own a ton of orange stuff.
- Music Taste: I have a pretty eclectic taste in music. I honestly like a little bit of everything. I tend to gravitate towards pop music, however, and I have guilty pleasures just like everyone else. Some of my all time favorite artists include (in no particular order) City and Colour, Smashing Pumpkins, Blur, Portishead, Adele, Lady GaGa, Sara Bareilles, Robyn, Mumford and Sons, The Cardigans, Jars of Clay, Britney Spears, The Saturdays, Will Young, Death Cab For Cutie, The Decemberists, Beyonce, A Camp, Marina and the Diamonds, and the list goes on and on and on…
- A little music history, if you will; The First CD I ever bought: Paula Abdul: Shut Up and Dance!! (The Remixes) (Take-a-take another-‘nother look into his eyes and you will on-ly see a rep-tile)
- Second CD I ever bought: Mariah Carey: Mariah Carey (ooo ooo, somedayeee!)
- My First Concert: Bush, with No Doubt opening. My dad took me and some of my friends to see them. We LOVED it.
- My All Time Favorite Movies (in no particular order):
Brokeback Mountain — let’s just say I want to go to Brokeback… forever.
Beautiful Thing — probably one of the best gay love stories ever.
Hedwig and the Angry Inch — “and now I’m left with a Barbie Doll crotch!”
Donnie Darko (Director’s cut) — Never doubt my commitment to sparkle motion.
Shakespeare In Love — such a great love story.
Moulin Rouge — “do the can-can-can!”
Magnolia — whoa… this movie is so well made it’s scary.
Mommie Dearest — “tina! Bring me the axe!”
Clueless — flawless. a voice of my generation.
Drop Dead Gorgeous — “you might even meet a few celebrities!”
Best In Show — “where’s busy bee!?!?”
Shaun of the Dead — MF hilarious!
Mean Girls — Stop trying to make ‘fetch’ happen… it’s not going to happen.
Moonlight Mile — sad, thoughful, fantastic; and not just because of Gyllenhaal!
Mansfield Park — the ending is worth the whole movie; which is also great.
The Notebook — Beautiful story, but such an ugly cry at the end!!
Hot Fuzz — Hilarious cop/buddy comedy from the SoTD crew.
Weekend — AMAZINGLY great gay romance movie.
- The First Movie I remember seeing: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. (and oh, I cried!)
- Musicals I have seen: Wicked, Avenue Q, Legally Blonde (original cast!!!), Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and RENT.
- Favorite Show: Alias (I know it was cancelled… bummer… but I have all the seasons on DVD, and it’s on Netflix! so it is always with me)
- Favorite Beers: Blue Moon, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, and Newcastle.
- Favorite Adult Drink: Irish Car Bomb(s) YUM!
- Favorite Condiment: Franks Red Hot sauce. Texas Pete is NOT an alternative.
- Heinz or Hunts: What is Hunts? Kind of like above; Hunts is not an alternative.
- Colognes I wear: Clinique Happy, Gucci Guilty, Gucci Pour Homme II, Gucci by Gucci, Gucci Made to Measure, Tom Ford Oud Wood, Bvlgari Aqva Marine Pour Homme, YSL L’Homme, YSL L’Homme Libre, Hermes Eau D’Orange Vert, Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose, Hermes Eau de Rhubarbe Ecarlate, Terre D’Hermes by Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche, Acqua Di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria, Abercrombie 41 and Fierce, Bath and Body Works Ocean, Diesel Fuel For Life, DKNY Be Delicious, Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Pour Homme, and I am always looking for another scent… I love smelling nice.
- Tattoos: I love tattoos, and have lots of them. I have half sleeves on each arm; the left side is a phoenix, and the right side is koi fish, a turtle, ginkgo leaves, and a dahlia. I have a red panda on my left calf, and a barn owl on my right outer calf, and portrait of my beloved Sydndey on the inner calf. I have some cherry blossoms on my inner right ankle, and a old (second tattoo) ankle band of turtles on my left ankle. I have two traditional swallows on the outside of each knee. I have a stylized Jesus fish on my back. I have the Tibetan word for ‘equanimity’, which means ‘to be free from attachment or hatred for others’, on my left wrist. Lastly, my first tattoo ever, that can be covered by a quarter, is on my upper left thigh; it all had to start somewhere…
- Favorite Quote: “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
- Favorite Personal “Guilty Pleasure” Brand: Jack Spade. I kind of have a thing; this is the go to for me to splurge on myself. I have so many bags and wallets that it is kind of embarrassing; that is, if I stopped buying them, but I doubt that’ll ever happen.
- Favorite Dog Breed: Italian Greyhound. My first IG was the amazing Sydney, whom I miss each and every day. A little after we got him, we rescued the crazy Mr. Pickles, who still makes our lives better each day with his shenanigans. Charlie joined the family not long after Sydney passed, and he is such a sweetheart, who interestingly possesses many of the same character traits Sydney did.