I mean really. It’s 2016, and I am finally getting to this? Listen, this is all because of two things: work and school. Both of which are full time. I wanted to go ahead and do this really quick, and I will be brief, so that I can do 2015 as well. I am THAT behind. BAD BLOGGER! Oh well… as they say, life gets in the way. Here they are, my favorite albums of 2014.
I am only going to say a little bit about my top 5, the rest are just albums that I enjoyed that year, and that’s all we’ll say about that…
1) You + Me – rose ave. – So what do you get when you mesh two of my favorite vocalists together, harmonizing beautifully, playing my favorite type of music? A dream come true. City and Colour + P!nk = You + Me. Heaven. This album is absolutely perfect; scratch that, it would be perfect it had more tracks! Here’s hoping for more from You + Me.
2) Sam Smith – In The Lonely Hour – What can I say, this guy is amazing, and really took the music scene by storm in 2014. I expect to hear many more great things from him over his career, which should be long and fruitful. Great album, and tons of single-worthy tracks here.
3) Betty Who – Take Me When You Go – I first heard the single Somebody Loves You, and after that, I was smitten with Betty Who. When her album came out, I was even more mesmerized; it is fantastic. I have high hopes for her getting more airplay and exposure; she is a majorly talented artist, and this is great pop music!
Sia – 1000 Forms of Fear – First and foremost, Chandelier. Killer. Sia can not only write a killer hook and penn some real pop hits, but she can fucking SING. I loved this album, and just when I thought I had heard all of it, a new song would become my favorite of the moment. This is pop, and this is excellent.
Bear’s Den – Islands – I saw them open for Mumford and Sons, and then went to see them again at a local smaller venue because they were so great. This is an incredible album, and one that is very well crafted and plays spectacularly from beginning to end; not a bad track to be found. If you like Mumford and Sons, give them a try; you won’t be sorry!
And now the rest… not really in any particular order.
- Beyonce – Beyonce (Platinum Edition)
- Lady GaGa and Tony Bennett – Cheek To Cheek
- Nina Persson – Animal Heart
- Robyn & Royksopp – Do It Again
- Taylor Swift – 1989
- Trampled By Turtles – Wild Animals
- Broods – Evergreen
- Iggy Azalea – The New Classic/Reclassified
- Ingrid Michaelson – Lights Out
- Danity Kane – DK3
- FKA Twigs – LP1
- Ariana Grande – My Everything
- Jessie J – Sweet Talker
- Olly Murs – Never Been Better
- One Direction – FOUR
- The Script – No Sound Without Silence
- Tove Lo – Queen of the Clouds
- Jessie Ware – Tough Love
- MKTO – MKTO
- Bleachers – Strange Desire
- Nicole Scherzinger – Big Fat Lie
- Guardians of the Galaxy Soundtrack: Awesome Mix Vol 1
Why this took me so long? Who knows. Either way, here ya go. Next up, 2015. Geez.